VIEW OUR ONLINE COURSES
This online course is intended to provide clinicians continued education and exposure to oral and maxillofacial diseases through cases submitted by expert faculty. Since we are utilizing a distance learning approach, cases can be accessed by registrants from any online computer home or office, that is equipped with Windows and Microsoft Powerpoint. This course and format would be particularly useful for general dentists dental specialists dental hygienists or assistants in addition to medical health care professionals involved in the clinical care of patients with oral and maxillofacial diseases This course presents an excellent opportunity to brush up your diagnostic skills, gain insight into modern management techniques and principles or acquire new areas of expertise that can be applied to your clinical practice.
Cases will cover common odontogenic infections odontogenic cysts and odontogenic tumors in addition to non-odontogenic conditions, such as mucosal and subrnucosal pathology, cancers of the oral cavity and head and neck, autoimmune diseases developmental abnormalities, skin lesions of the face, salivary gland diseases orofacial pain conditions and diseases affecting the jaw bones and TMJ. Cases will be drawn from expert faculty and will include clinical images histopathology, and for hard tissue diseases often conventional and/or advanced imaging studies, including computerized tomography and TMJ tomography when appropriate.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Identification and diagnosis of oral and maxillofacial lesions
- Principles of differential diagnosis and techniques for definitive diagnosis
- Concepts in oral medicine including the oral manifestations of systemic diseases and the systemic manifestations of oral diseases
- Identification of odontogenic infections odontogenic cysts and odontogenic tumors
- Differentiation between odontogenic and non-odontogenic pathology
- Radiographic evaluation and interpretation of hard tissue lesions
- Presentation of primary and metastatic cancers affecting the craniofacial and jaw bones
- Evaluation and diagnosis of oral precancerous lesions and oral cancer
- Diagnosis of orofacial pain and TMJ disorders
- Recognition and evaluation of salivary gland disease
- Diagnosis of skin pathology affecting the face
- Concepts of diagnosis treatment and management of soft and hard tissue diseases affecting the oral cavity
Please note: Online Oral Diagnosis Cases were released in November 2006 and reviewed in November 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016. They will expire in November 2018 until further review.
VIEW OUR ONLINE COURSES: ORAL DIAGNOSIS